“Gordon Global” Offers Four New Online Adult Learning Programs
Come January, a new cohort of students will be starting their Gordon degrees—without ever stepping foot on campus. Through the new School of Graduate, Professional and Extended Studies, the College is launching four fully online bachelor’s programs for adult learners, to begin at the start of the new year.
Under the direction of Dr. Ivan Filby, these online adult programs in business, finance, accounting and communication arts serve as some of the first offerings under the new School, which oversees the development of pre-collegiate, graduate and adult learning programs. The School is an outgrowth of a years-long process of charting the College’s future within Christian higher education to expand beyond its strength and heritage in the traditional undergraduate residential model.
Dubbed “Gordon Global,” Gordon’s online learning extension makes selected courses and degrees easily accessible to students anywhere in the world who are not seeking a campus experience. Prioritizing the needs and experiences of online learners, “Gordon Global” offers a highly active and interactive learning environment on a flexible schedule, featuring:
- Six starting points. Gordon’s fully accredited online programs offer six starting points throughout the year, making it easy for students to begin their degrees whenever and wherever is best for their schedules and goals.
- Short course length. Courses are seven- to- eight-weeks, and most students complete two courses simultaneously each term, for a total completion time of three years at 10–12 courses per year.
- Asynchronous delivery. Designed with the working professional in mind, courses are asynchronous, meaning students can complete the weekly material and assignments at their own pace, with the option for synchronous appointments such as live office hours and review sessions.
- Digital-native content. Course strategy, material and delivery is designed by experts in online learning and is native to the digital platform, not a repackaging of in-person material. Students will master the same skills as they would in a traditional residential format, but through different assignments and activities built specifically for the online learning experience.
- Accessible material. Weekly material will feature video presentations, readings, virtual discussions and periodic evaluations through Gordon’s online learning platform, Canvas, which is ADA compliant and accessible via browser and app.
- Directly applicable. Gordon’s online degree programs feature real-world applications to bring learning to life and empower students to have a direct, immediate impact in their current workplace.
- Active and engaging. Students have ample opportunities to interact with their classmates and professors using innovative digital tools designed to build community and foster faith formation.